When you donate to the Oceanside Hospice Society you are helping people when they need it the most. 100% of all donated funds are used to help our local community.
A Gift to Oceanside Hospice Society affords you the opportunity to ensure that we can continue to provide our services free of charge. If you prefer to donate in person or over the phone, please call our office at 250.752.6227 for further information. Oceanside Hospice Society is a registered non-profit charitable organization and receipts will be issued for all donations.
How Your Donation Helps
Oceanside Hospice Society relies on financial support from a variety of sources. We work hard to raise funds to meet the ever-increasing need to care for people in our community, and it is because of our community’s great generosity that we can continue to provide services free of charge. 100% of all funds raised are used to help our local community. Oceanside Hospice Society greatly appreciates your support of our programs and services.
Types of Gifts:
- An outright donation goes to work immediately.
- A monthly automatic contribution through your bank or credit card can add up to a significant annual gift, every little helps
- Memorial gifts honour a loved one. Remembering and celebrating the life of a loved one is important to bereaved families. Making a donation to the Oceanside Hospice Society in memory of your loved one can be a wonderful way to celebrate their life or to honour their birthday or another special occasion.
- Families may specify a gift to the Oceanside Hospice Society in lieu of flowers.
- Honorariums are great gifts for the person who has everything – whether for the holidays, a birthday or wedding, your gift in their honor will keep on giving by making a real difference in our own community.
- Gifts-in-kind are items that are used in the office or for our volunteer training.
- Bequests are designated in wills and administered by the Executor of the estate.
- Insurance – an insurance policy can be donated to Oceanside Hospice or Hospice can be named as a beneficiary. An Insurance Policy can also be taken out on an individual, with the donor donating the premium and Hospice owning and named as beneficiary of policy.
- A Charitable Remainder Trust lets you give today, generate immediate tax savings and still maintain the income from the donated asset that will be transferred to Hospice at a specified time or upon death. Funds in a charitable trust are held in a Trust.
- Charitable Gift Annuity lets you make an immediate gift to Hospice and receive in income for life.
- A gift of Capital property can reduce capital gains tax on a gift of appreciated capital property.
- Hospice can be named as the beneficiary of your RRSP or RRIF.
- Stocks or non registered investments. In-kind donations of publicly traded non registered investments can be a way of dealing with stock or mutual funds.
Donate a car to Oceanside Hospice Society.
You can turn your vehicle donation into generous dollars to support Oceanside Hospice Society! Working on our behalf, Donate a Car Canada will accept your vehicle for donation – running, or not! Old or new! When you donate your car, truck, RV, boat, or motorcycle to the Oceanside Hospice Society through Donate A Car Canada, it will either be recycled or sold at auction (depending on its condition, age and location). Free towing is provided in most areas across Canada, or you can drop off your vehicle to maximize your donation. There is no cost to you, and the process is incredibly easy! Donate a Car Canada will facilitate all aspects of your car donation from the pick up to the final sale, ensuring that your vehicle will be sold for the highest sale outcome possible. They will then forward the net proceeds on to us here at Oceanside Hospice Society and we will send you a tax receipt!
Please click here to donate a car, truck, RV, boat or motorcycle.